Days the tour is organized: 11.09.2018-12.09.2018 OR 16.09.2018-17.09.2018
Day 1 (Tuesday, September 11, 2018 or Sunday, September 16, 2018)
08:00 Meeting the guide at 5* Radisson Blu Hotel.
08:30 Departure for Sighişoara on the following route: Bucharest - Piteşti - Râmnicu Vâlcea - Tălmaciu - Cârţa - Alțâna - Biertan - Sighişoara.
12:00 Arrival in Cârţa. Visit the oldest gothic style church in Romania, which is part of the Cistercian Monastery built in 1202.
13:00 Arrival in Alțâna and visit the Fortified Church built in the 13th century.
14:00-14:30 Arrival in Biertan. Lunch will be served at the Medieval Restaurant of the Unglerus Club. Biertan is one of the first German settlements in Transylvania, officially certified back in 1283.
18:30-19:00 Arrival in Sighişoara, one of the fewest inhabited cities in Europe, certified back in 1280. The construction of the fortified belt started in 1350 and covered 9 towers, out of which the Clock Tower is the most important.
Accommodation in the city, at a 3* hotel.
Day 2 (Wednesday, September 12, 2018 or Monday, September 17, 2018)
After breakfast will be served in the morning, the Clock Tower and the Church on the Hill will be visited.
Lunch will be served at Casa Vlad Dracul Reastaurant. The restaurant is the building where Vlad Ţepeş (Vlad the Impaler) was born.
Departure for Bucharest on the following route: Sighişoara - Braşov - Ploieşti - Bucharest. If time will allow, we can visit the City of Braşov and its Black Church.
21:30 Arrival in Bucharest.
Sighisoara Tour (11.09.2018-12.09.2018 OR 16.09.2018-17.09.2018) - 425 euro (Single Room)
Sighisoara Tour (11.09.2018-12.09.2018 OR 16.09.2018-17.09.2018) - 380 euro (a place in a Double Room)
- 1 night at 3* full-board hotel accommodation
- Medieval lunch in Biertan
- Traditional lunch in Sighişoara
- Coach with AC and audio-video equipment
- English-speaking guideEntrance tickets for Cârţa, Alțâna, Biertan, The Clock Tower
Alcoholic drinks are not included in the services listed above.
All the tours organized with the occasion of the 37th ESOPRS Annual Meeting can be booked online, by filling in the form available HERE.
1. After submitting your online form, you will automatically receive an e-mail confirmation of your reservation. At this point no payment is required.
2. The tour(s) is/are subject to a minimum number of bookings. If the minimum number of bookings is not reached, we will have to cancel the tour(s). On the 31st of August we will send you a notice of such cancellation.
3. If the minimum number of bookings is reached, we will send you an e-mail on the 31st of August and ask you to pay for the tour(s) no later than the 3rd of September. Once full payment is made, you will be allocated a place(s) on the particular tour(s) and a confirmation will be emailed to you. This is your confirmation of booking. This should be printed and saved for own your reference.
4. Once you begin your tour(s), you accept and abide by these terms and conditions.
5. We accept no responsibility for incorrect email addresses or the inability to deliver emails. If your confirmation does not arrive on time or at all, then you must ask us to resend the email confirmation of the tour(s) you have paid for.
6. The booking(s) will be confirmed by email.
To read the full terms & conditions, please click HERE